Seafood Recipe : Roast Fillet of Monkfish
- 800g monkfish
- 100g Israeli couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 spring onion
- 10g chopped coriander
- 10g chopped mint
- 100ml cream
- 200g butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (toasted)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds (toasted)
- Cook the couscous in a pan of salted boiling water for 6-7 minutes.
- Warm the curry powder and turmeric in olive oil. Add to couscous and stir.
- Allow to cool, add chopped spring onions, coriander and mint.
- Use butter stored at room temperature.
- Grind toasted spices and butter in a food processor till smooth.
- Place in container and refrigerate.
- Roast off 4 pieces of fish in a hot frying pan till lightly brown.
- Place in oven (200'C) for 2-3 minutes.
- Warm cream in a pot
- Whisk in a teaspoon of curry butter to make the sauce
- Place tablespoon of couscous on a warm plate, place monkfish on top.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of curry sauce over the dish to garnish and herbs of your choice