We won’t lie, we are chuffed when we get a mention on another website, particularly with user-generated content, so on that note, we have begun to compile some of the reviews and mentions from customers, press and friends, hope you enjoy!
“…Aqua in Howth is almost in the sea, with lovely views of Ireland’s Eye. Throw caution to the wind, or water, and get a half-dozen Carlingford oysters, followed by grilled lobster…” read more here..
“…nice to see one of our seafood-focused restaurants getting some international recognition. …” http://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/food-news/food-news-a-taste-of-our-waterways-34898782.html
- World Restaurant Luxury Awards We have received awards in 2016, 2017 & 2018 with nominations for 2019, read more about it here...
Hot Press Best of Ireland feature
- The restaurants are revitalised, the shopping’s gone chic & the craic is as strong as ever, says Helen Ochyra Sunday Times Travel
- “…Mains were both excellent… the chicken requested with chips instead of wedges was soft and juicy with some gorgeous chunky chips. And my Aubergine Parmigiana was absolutely delicious…” Blog by Kate’s Kabin, read more here…
- “As an island nation, Ireland has access to some of the best fish in the world…Here are some of TheTaste’s favourite seafood restaurants“. Aqua Included…
- “…The true star here is the room, which gives you so much sea view you feel like you’re on a cruise ship that’s just docked at the pier. It’s got a floor like a ship’s deck with glossy pale timbers and silver and purple velvet curtains (which match the chair upholstery) hanging from a velvet covered pelmet. The Scandi-style lights just add to the look and beyond all that are acres of glass and sea. On the water below there are serious-looking sailing teams motoring back into the harbour. The sun is sinking slowly into the drink…” Read the full Irish Times Review by Catherine Cleary here…
- Frommer’s “With a jaw-dropping view over Dublin Bay, this has to be one of the most romantic dining spots in the region. Service is excellent—attentive without being overbearing—and the seafood is delicious and fresh-as-can-be…” Read more: http://www.frommers.com/destinations/dublin/restaurants/864689#sthash.0AOp7cK1.dpbs#ixzz3VyUooKcNSunday Times Feature – March 2015
- “… taxi out to Howth to blow the cobwebs away by the Irish Sea. Once a fishing village and now an affluent suburb, this is a different Dublin altogether. Replace vital vitamins with six Carlingford oysters and lobster straight from the tank at Aqua, before walking up onto the Howth headland for windswept views back to the city and the hills beyond Read the full piece here…
- Travel Industry Feature “… with a wonderful dinner at Aqua Restaurant. Again I had Flats, followed by grilled lobster and a glass of Domain Fevre Chablis. The sticky toffee pudding kept calling out my name, so that not only completed the meal but also ended a pretty perfect day. Howth is a real treasure to add to your Ireland must-sees. It’s a short drive from Dublin or a 20 minute DART ride, and well worth the time…” read more here…
- John and Sally McKennas’ Guides “…begin with an oh-my-God! ode to the incredible views out across the bay from the handsome upstairs room, it’s the assurance of the cooking and the service in Aqua that win our admiration most. The cooking is always beautifully poised…” http://www.guides.ie/recommendations/aqua-restaurant
- National Geographic A lovely article on a day spent experience Howth as it really is http://intelligenttravel.nationalgeographic.com/2014/06/17/discovering-dublins-coastal-villages/ We got a mention too!
- Fodors “… impressive seafood restaurant located in the old yacht club building only a few yards from where local fishermen still land their catch. The open, modern interior is awash with light that pours in the huge windows…” read more here…
- Laura Bermingham’s Favourite Things… “The Restaurant: I love fish so Howth is our usual destination. On a sunny day you can’t beat the views from Aqua at the end of the pier…” read more here..
- Hot Spot as featured by Image Daily “Perched at the tip of Howth’s West Pier, Aqua’s elegant, light-filled dining room practically dangles over the sea. So you can expect top-notch seafood and plenty of just-caught specials on the menu here…” read more here
- 10 Best “Aqua is blessed not only with the quality of their produce, but also about the stunning surroundings in which they serve it up…” read more here…
- Taste of Ireland “…The food in Aqua is top notch, and coupled with what must be the best sea views in Dublin, it’s a true destination restaurant. You owe it to yourself to experience it if you haven’t done so already” read more here…
- Lucinda O’Sullivan “…Aqua really is the quintessential Howth seafood restaurant, not only because of its seafood, but because the location is so stunning, right out on the water…” read more here…
- Lonely Planet “A contender for best seafood in Howth, Aqua has been serving top-quality fish dishes in its elegant dining room overlooking the harbour, in a building that was once home to the Howth Yacht Club” read review here…
- Weddings Online “…Its location on the water in Howth, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking Ireland’s Eye and Dublin Bay, provides a stunning backdrop…” read more here…
- food* service * staff* and the view . we have a fantastic time there and we’ll be back of course. thank you aqua December 2018
- GREAT food superb staff great experience loved it will definitely go again February 2017
- Had a splendid time… Excellent food and service, gorgeous view. Definitely recommend. August 2016
- Read all our Facebook reviews here..
- “★★★★★ We went as a group of four to Aqua – everyone of us agreed the best food experience we have ever had ….. And we like dining!! We all tried different dishes and each of us was more than happy with our choice. The staff gave 110% from start to finish. Food was delicious full of flavour, perfectly cooked with portion sizes more than adequate…” November 2014
- “★★★★★ Fabulous views, staff so pleasant and helpful. Food to die for, fresh, tasty and perfect combinations. Will definitely visit again when in Dublin” …” read more here… June 2014
“Thank you so much for last night. Robert and the team did a great job. The food was really yummy ( I ended up staying for the dinner so I should know J) and the service was excellent. Our clients were really well looked after and had a wonderful evening. Thank you for all your help it was a real pleasure Speak to you soon Deirbhile Cotter –
A Touch of Ireland – Sep 2016 “We wanted to send a note to express our thanks for the wonderful time we had yesterday. The meal was fantastic which was echoed by all our guests. The seating was wonderful and the service we received throughout our visit was excellent. We were very well looked after by all the team. Many thanks for all your help in the run up, it was very much appreciated. Regards C & M O’Donovan” –
“..actually stumbled upon this place while visiting Howth on an excursion from Dublin City. We didn’t have a reservation but the staff was very polite and willing to accommodate us, which they did very well. Some of us tried the oysters: fabulous! Fresh and full of flavor. For main entrees we opted for the fish and it was delectable..” December 2018
“A day trip to Howth is worth the thirty minute train ride from Dublin just to eat here. The food is top notch and the restaurant is spectacular with 360 degree views of the ocean. This is a more expensive restaurant…perfect for a special occasion or special lunch.” October 2018
“Our concierge at the hotel we were staying in in Dublin said this was his favorite restaurant , Aqua, in the quaint fishing village 30 minutes by train North of Dublin. And…boy was he right. Very beautiful scenery as you sat with great views of the harbor along with dining on the freshest fish you can eat. I ordered the grilled swordfish which was delicious and my husband had the halibut. The wine list is good too and we experienced a most lovely lunch on a typical Irish day of rain mixed with sun mixed with wind. But we were cozily ensconced in this magic place.” September 2017
“It is immediately apparent why this restaurant is usually booked out well in advance. Classy modern elegant atmosphere, excellent service, and out of this world dishes. We all sampled each other’s fish and agreed that each was excellent. Flavours were fresh,subtle,altogether delicious. If we lived nearer to Howth we would be regulars.” August 2016
“Stepping into Aqua restaurant in Howth is like stepping onto a cruise ship. The views are fantastic and they have a really good early bird menu. 3 courses including coffee for 30.00 of the most fabulous food. The bread was hot and very tasty and we were not charged additional for this. There is also a bar in the restaurant so one can spend the entire evening here enjoying the ambiance…” April 2016
We would love to have your feedback
Please do get in touch with us if you have feedback, we would love to include on this page!Talk to us!